Thursday, July 4, 2024

MERDEKA!!! MERDEKA!!!

[Awesome Lonesome: A Traveling Journal of A Loner]

Yesterday, 3rd of July, 2023, was my last clock out from NDUM as an academic (not academician) after more than 14 years of service. The next chapter of my life awaits.

So today, 4th of July is my Merdeka Day. It wasn’t planned, but it truly coincides with US’s Independence Day. So today, me and US citizens are not working.

But I still have to go back a few times to my office in NDUM to finish up many many things. The exam just started, so it is a miracle if any academics can finish up any backlog at this point of time.

Many would ask why retire so young? (Am I young?) The answer is I would like to start doing what I love to do but couldn’t because I was busy working as an academic. That would be my no. 1 reason, reasons no. 2, 3, etc, we can discuss over a cup of tea. I cannot wait until the real retirement as whatever I want to do might obsolete as I retire. So this is a calculated early retirement, or as JPA’s term, they call it opted retirement.

Immediately after retirement I would like to finish my PhD until end of the year while in parallel started whatever lightweight things I want to do and earn something with it.

p.s.: I’ll still drop by to Sg. Besi for good food over there sometimes, and of course will be coming for my favorite Jogja Ayam Gepuk.

🤛 Life starts at retirement. 🤜
🤛 Before retirement, 🤜
🤛 it is called a living. 🤜

No comments :